Corona- COVID-19- Updated 24.03.2020
With great regret, and following advice from the UK Govt and the UKPSF (our own Federation body), all games in Hertfordshire and Kent will be postponed with immediate effect. We will be passing bookings for Essex over to our partner company Splatoon Paintball who will advise on the status of games at Wickford, all of which are currently suspended too. For Stoke/Crew please speak to partners at Unreal Paintball. Games there are also currently suspended.
Kent & Hertfordshire sites run under the RW Paintball or Mayhem Southeast brands. Wickford is a Splatoon branded Paintball site and Stoke/Crew is an Unreal Paintball site. You may be contacted by staff representing any of these brands and we work through this difficult time. We are all family run companies and work closely together to deliver the best for our customers.
We have taken this decision in the interest of our staff, customers, and the wider community as a whole.
We are taking bookings for after the current crisis has passed. These can be provisional with payments made closer to the game date. Private bespoke games may also be available but additional fees may apply.
Wickford– For all games booked before 19.03.2020- these now be handled by our partner company Splatoon Paintball. Please get in touch if you haven’t been contacted by them about the status of your booking.
Kent and Hertfordshire- Public games cancelled until further notice. Contact please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Stoke/Crew- Please email us and we’ll put you in touch with Unreal Paintball.
General Information (some of this only applies to games when they are running):
- Following Govt advice most of our sites will be closed for public games until further notice. There may be some private games running subject to govt advice on gatherings..
- We’d ask all attendees to be sensible and follow published guidelines on hygiene and preventative measures. If a person has genuine reason to suspect they have contracted the COVID-19 virus they should not attend.
- Most of our locations are woodland/outdoor with limited access to water so please ensure you bring hand sanitiser with you and use this regularly.
- Each player will be issued their own safety goggles on site and should keep these for the duration of the event. To minimise risk of infection our equipment is cleaned regularly and goggles will not be re-issued on the same day. Fresh sets will be issued for each day where possible, having been cleaned between uses. We suggest players bring their own gloves and clean hands regularly.
- If a main member of your group contracts COVID-19, leading to whole group cancellation, we will postpone your event, without penalty, for up to 3 months from the original booking date or end of any government advice banning small gatherings (whichever is the later). A main member would be regarded as the person who is the reason for celebration, not simply a member of the wider group. This is subject to reasonable notice. On the day cancellations may be subject to full payment as we will have incurred significant set up costs already. In most circumstances, we would expect an individual to isolate and the rest of the group to be able to attend as usual.
- If players chose not to attend for any other reason, or are unable to prove genuine COVID-19 cancellation, they will lose deposit payments as per our T&C’s. This is mentioned verbally to all clients who book via phone and is visible on our online booking pages.
- What if we need to cancel your event due to government advice or COVID-19 illness amongst our staff: In this instance we will carry your deposits over and offer you a re-booking at a date of your choice* for up to 3 months. (*Dates subject to availability).
- There is no need to contact us to see if we still intend to run your game day. If we have to cancel your event you will be notified at the earliest opportunity by us or our partner company. We are handling large call volumes and everyone will be contacted in turn.
- We are monitoring government, WHO, & NHS advice daily. We are also monitoring local schools, football leagues, and other youth groups and any changes to our approach will be published here. Cancellations will be handled in line with the guidelines published on this page at the time of cancellation, along side our usual T&C’s.
Due to the fast moving situation the above information may not be complete or comprehensive. Please bear with us during this difficult time.